It’s exactly a year since singer Akothee lost someone who was so dear to her and meant a whole world in her life – her grandfather, who she referred to as ‘her husband’ according to Luo culture.
The mother of five often described her late grandpa as the only one who could understand her and able to keep up with her BS.
James Ogendi Oyieko was laid to rest in his Rongo home in Migori County in November year.
In a touching message seen by KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE, Akothee seems not to have healed from the pain her grandpa’s demise caused.
Read her message below a year on since death of her beloved grandfather.
View this post on Instagram
this is the same month I lost you my love , the pain has been real , the vaccum you left in my heart is not getting smaller, I miss you babu , I have never stoped sobbing since you passed on , I avoid going to funerals because I find myself crying more than the berieved, I cant talk about you , I have only visited grandma once although I talk to her daily! I cant stand seing your grave !am I in denial ogendi! today I recieved a message that your best friend has passed away too , well ,will join you too !I love you my mentor Jagedona , osiep chunya R.I.P JAMES OGENDI OYIEKO Ma WUON NGEI, if it were not for my parents & grandma Then I have no relationship with #Rongospar , Europe makes more sense to me now ! Thinking 😭😭😭, you broke my heart , people dont understand why I dance alot since you left , but sometimes is the way of ne dancing off pain !when I know you gone 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
The same month last year before the burial of her grandpa, the songstress produced a special song to pay tribute to her fallen love.
Here it is.
Below are some of the memorable moments of Akothee and her grandpa.
Also Trending now on Kisumu Insyder:
- “We’ll not be cowed” Kisumu journalists respond to viral screenshots and reports confirming plans to ‘tame’ them [Photos]
- [SPONSORED] The Jameson Connect Party set for Kisumu tomorrow at the Buddy’s Bar & Grill from 6PM
- [SPONSORED] Five reasons why the luxurious Ciala Resort in Kisumu will be the perfect chill spot this weekend [Photos]
- Conjestina Achieng’ finally airlifted from Kisumu for treatment and rehabilitation, thanks to Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko, gospel singer Daddy Owen and NACADA Director Chipukeezy
- Gor Mahia’s team photos as they leave for the UK to play Everton charms internet.
- [SPONSORED] Chandarana Foodplus opens its lakeside branch at the Kisumu’s West End Mall. Here are all the photos and all you need to know about the new supermarket