Following a report by the Auditor General aired on mainstream media, the fight against corruption is not yet good enough to end looting of public funds.
A list generated ranking a number of counties against their suspicious expenditures has exposed Siaya as one of the notorious counties where taxpayers’ money is being squandered.
A close check at the spending reveals that the county headed by second term governor Cornel Rasanga has up-to KES 324.1M of funds spent in a mistrustful manner.
Below is the breakdown according to the Auditor General report.
- Renovation of Siaya Referral Hospital – KES 51M
- Council of Governors remittances – KES 24M
- Purchase of two county fire engines – KES 113.6M
- IFMIS records – KES 83.9M
- Missing funds – KES 29.6M
- Domestic travel claims – KES 22M
Siaya County comes third after Nyamira where a whooping KES 1B can not be traced & Bungoma Counties where a chicken slaughter house was erected at a cost of KES 35M.
Have anything to add to this story, leave your comment on the interactive segment below.
- Mind-blowing photos of Prophet Owuor’s KES 300M palace under construction
- [SPONSORED] 4 exciting & must-attend events at Club Da Place this festive season
- ‘Jakadalla’ STI is a rumor, claims Migori County over ugly disease creating panic in the area
- Singer Musa Jakadalla finally speaks after an ugly STI in Migori was named after him