A Homa Bay man left a court room in stitches after asking the judge to make arrangements for his fare back home after 8 years in custody.
This happened after the fella who had been fighting a murder case for 8 years was freed for lack of adequate evidence to convict him.
What left many shocked and tickled is the fact that George Otieno was still a worried man for not able to have a means of getting home despite his capital offence charges having been dropped.
The man had been arrested for allegedly murdering Mokta Andambi by strangling him 8 years ago in 2011 in Mumias, something he consistently denied since his first appearance in court.
“Your honour, I would like that you order on record that I be given sufficient fare to take me to my home. Even if I am released now, I don’t have anyone I know in Kakamega so I shall just be stranded in town,” said the freed man.
He was however directed by judge to liaise with the officer in charge at Kakamega Main Prison for such arrangements.
Have anything to add to this story, join the conversation on the comments section below.
- Former Miss Kisumu Udida Akinyi nominated for lucrative universal title
- Odinga family marks Fidel’s 4th anniversary with this beautiful message
- Sharon Otieno’s mother explains why she has never gone back to the grave site where her daughter was buried three months ago [Photos]
- Skills in hospitality? Kisumu’s Calvin Tours & Safaris company is hiring
- Newly opened shop at Kisumu’s Mega City mall for trendy jeans outfits, deliveries countrywide [Photos]
Click here to join our Telegram channel and receive all our content links from our website real time as they get published.