Former Youth Enterprise and Development Fund board Chairman Bruce Odhiambo has passed on. He died on Monday evening at the Nairobi Hospital while undergoing treatment after a massive heart attack on Saturday.
Bruce who is also a music producer at Johari Clef has been unwell since October when he went to India for treatment but he developed a lot of complications upon his return in November.
“His blood pressure has never stabilised, this really affected the functioning of the pacemaker and they couldn’t do dialysis because his heart was quite weak. On Saturday morning at 4am, he suffered a massive cardiac arrest,” a close source to the deceased revealed
He had been admitted to hospital during the 2018 festivities after his blood pressure went too low. His unstable BP affected the functioning of his pacemaker.
The late, Bruce Odhiambo was the fourth chairperson of the Youth Enterprise Development Fund since its inception in 2006.
A close ally to President Uhuru, Bruce Odhiambo resigned from the Youth Fund job unceremoniously in March 2016 after being embroiled in a KES 180M scandal.
His death comes slightly over a year since the demise of Catherine Namuye, a former Youth Fund chief executive who together with Bruce were charged in 2016 over the KES 180M scandal.
Have anything to add to this story, leave your comment on the interactive segment below.
- Birthday wishes galore! Kenyans united to show ‘baba’ love as he turns 74 [Photos]
- Freed Homa Bay man tickles court after asking judge for fare back home
- Former Miss Kisumu Udida Akinyi nominated for lucrative universal title
- Odinga family marks Fidel’s 4th anniversary with this beautiful message
- Sharon Otieno’s mother explains why she has never gone back to the grave site where her daughter was buried three months ago [Photos]
Click here to join our Telegram channel and receive all our content links from our website real time as they get published.