A Kisumu man was beaten to death after his neighbors attacked him following an allegation that he was keeping a rare pet in his home.
Residents of Kabonyo village in Nyando area claimed that the man was the owner of a “bewitched cat” that had mauled a calf to death.
Villagers suspected the 60yr old man of practicing witchcraft using the cat.
Locals decided to dump the dead calf in the suspect’s compound before descending on him with kicks and blows.
An area administrator who was present during the ordeal tried calming down the crowd but none heeded to his opinion.
During the Wednesday incident when the irked neighbors attempted to torch the man’s house, her daughter was also injured.
The suspect, seriously wounded was forced to flee from the heartless villagers, later to be booked at the Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital alongside her daughter for treatment where he was later pronounced dead.
Police from a nearby station had to intervene, fired in the air and lobbed teargas to disperse the angry crowd.
- Kisumu born, Norway based award winning promoter Donnah Oberah to drop a lavish party at Kisumu’s Acacia Hotel.
- Renowned HIV/AIDs activist Phenny Awiti lands a plum job with a state corporation
- Four very affordable Valentine packages available at the luxurious Ciala Resort in Kisumu
- Kisumu to host an international conference aimed at introducing affordable housing plans.
- Migori man places kidney and testicles for sale to save himself from the shackles of poverty [Photos]
Click here to join our Telegram channel and receive all our content links from our website real time as they get published.