Fans and friends of Richard Sidindi have been saddened by the shocking news of the player’s Monday morning demise.
According to an official communication by Impala RFC seen by KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE, Richard died while on a routine swimming exercise at the club’s pool.
“The unfortunate incident happened this morning of 25th February 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya, while on a routine swimming exercise where he is suspected to have drowned” read part of the statement.
In a separate statement, Kisumu RFC has also eulogized the player as an affable character and a dedicated rugby player.
Sidindi joined Kisumu RFC in 2005 soon after completing his KCSE exams at St. Mary’s School Yala and would feature for the team while he undertook his undergraduate studies at Maseno University until 2011 when he made the move to Impala Saracens, the club that he served until his shocking demise.
At the time of his death, he was a forward at the Impala RFC.
Richard Sidindi popularly known as ‘Jadhah’ has left behind a young family comprising his wife and a daughter.
More to follow.
- Former Miss Kisumu wins big in an international modelling contest (Photos)
- “Follow me at your own risk” Akothee says as new video surfaces of the singer smoking
- Videos of a leaking lounge at the Kisumu Airport emerge as rains pound the city
- Heavy drama as Kisumu woman dumps husband & kid, vanishes with a wealthy lesbian lover.
- VIDEO: Kisumu artists team up to produce a sizzling cover for Rayvanny’s ‘Tetema’ hit song.
- Bankrupt Sunset Hotel to be turned to a convention centre just like Nairobi’s KICC