The runway at Kisumu International Airport will remain closed for the next 10 days due to scheduled repairs as announced by the Kenya Airports Authority.
The repairs are set to for Monday 18th to Thursday 28th March 2019 7:00PM – 6:45AM daily, however, the airport will remain closed whole day on Tuesday 19th.
Passengers are urged to be in contact with their airlines for further information on rescheduled flights.
Official Statement from Kenya Airports Authority:
“We wish to inform all passengers and the general public that Kenya Airports Authority will be caRRying out civil works on the RUNway at Kisumu International Airport to improve the aircraft operations INFRASTRUCTURE to better serve our customers.
The civil works and widening of the runway will begin on 18th to 28th March 2019. During this period, the runway will be available for flight operations from 06:45am to 07:00pm. After which it will be closed for the scheduled works.
The runway will however remain closed all day on 19th March 2019. This is to allow for major preliminary works that will enable daytime flight operations on the subsequent days.
Any passengers planning to travel through Kisumu International Airport between 18th to 28th March 2019, are urged to contact their respective airlines for further information”
KQ Airline has withdrawn it’s Embraer E-190 during this period due to the shortened runway, all KQ flights to Kisumu will be operated by Jambo Jet’s Q400 aircraft.
Silverstone has also issued a statement to it’s passengers informing them of the rescheduled flight dates to other available dates.
- Fleshy Kisumu ladies send revelers into a frenzy during Saturday’s ‘Twerk Night’ event at Club Da Place (Photos)
- Shock as Siaya man secretly buries wife at night to avoid ‘necessary sympathy’ from neighbors and relatives
- Gor Mahia silences Petro Atletico to make history as first Kenyan club to grace the CAF quarters (Photos)
- SAD: Kisumu journalist passes on after battling high blood pressure.
- Curvaceous socialite Bridget Achieng’ appeals for help to enable her give her mum a descent burial in Alego, Siaya County. Here’s how to help the bereaved family
- Did Kisumu MCA dump her husband for having ‘abnormal’ sexual appetite?