A Siaya man has left many dumbfounded after secretly burying his late wife single-handedly at night after deciding not to hold a final send off ceremony for the deceased.
According to Opiyo, the death of his wife which was as a result of a prolonged illness was a small domestic matter that didn’t warrant public sympathy and what he termed as ‘unnecessary attention’.
He decided to keep the news of the tragedy to himself and bury the woman secretly in the absence of relatives and friends.
He was however forced to exhume the body by angry villagers who’d discovered his act, they insisted that his wife had to be given a proper send off.
A section of irate residents rumored that Opiyo might have killed his 25-yr old wife therefore had to secretly bury her, an allegation that was disputed by the area chief who confirmed that the late had been battling a deadly disease.
The body was retrieved and found to have been wrapped in a bed sheet before being buried in a shallow grave.
The remains have since been taken to the Ukwala Hospital Mortuary after families from both spouses’ sides being informed.
- Gor Mahia silences Petro Atletico to make history as first Kenyan club to grace the CAF quarters (Photos)
- SAD: Kisumu journalist passes on after battling high blood pressure.
- Curvaceous socialite Bridget Achieng’ appeals for help to enable her give her mum a descent burial in Alego, Siaya County. Here’s how to help the bereaved family
- Did Kisumu MCA dump her husband for having ‘abnormal’ sexual appetite?
- Over 70 randy teachers from Homa Bay & Siaya Counties fired by TSC for impregnating their students.
- Kenyans saddened after MP Ken Okoth shared his first photo showing him fighting cancer [Photos]
Click here to join our Telegram channel and receive all our content links from our website real time as they get published.