According to an Auditor General’s report, Kisumu County splashed over 3 million shillings in purchasing a dairy cow during the 2017/2018 financial year.
The sum was deposited to a businessman’s account who was supposed to deliver 27 Ayrshire cows but ended up supplying only one.
The county officials insisted that the remaining animals were received but according to the report, there are no documentation confirming that the businessman actually delivered the remaining 26 cows.
The same report also reveals a sum of up-to KES 9M paid to a number of firms alleged to be owned by one individual to supply the county with fertilizer, deliveries which county officials haven’t been able to account for.
- Newly crowned Miss Maseno speaks up, days after facing fierce criticism on social media (Photos)
- YouTube deletes Terry Chocolat’s influential video channel with over 16K subscribers following music copyright issues
- More teams register as the 4th edition of the ‘Onge Ringo’ Football Tournament nears
- Kisumu bound plane forced to fly back to Nairobi after inability to land at the lakeside airport.
- Beef season? Radio host Terry Chocolat renews online brawl with singer Wuod Fibi.