After enduring a shambolic flight plan to Morocco for the CAF quarter-finals second leg against RS Berkane, troubled Gor Mahia suffered a humiliating 5-1 loss to the Moroccans, the green army ending their CAF campaign this season.
This was brought up by a number of woes including some players arriving only an hour to kick-off.
Over the weekend, sorry photos of Gor Mahia players surfaced online of them looking ‘helpless’ after failing to secure tickets to Morocco on time.
The club’s management was forced postpone departure to Friday, when the first batch of players left.
After photos emerged of Gor Mahia players sleeping on the airport’s waiting lobby emerged, a number of fans were disappointed by the club management’s ability to take care of the player’s interests.
“Gor Mahia treasurer Sally Mbolo traveled in business class as players were forced to sleep on the cold floor at Doha airport while connecting to Morocco last night.
The officials slept at the 30k a night topnotch 5 star luxurious Mazagan Beach Resort in the town of El Jadida.
The players with all the jetlag, 2 strikers with swollen feet, haven’t eaten for 2 days as they are expected to play their return leg match later on today against Berkane football club” alleged COTU Sec Gen Francis Atwoli
Well, the club’s chairman Ambrose Rachier in an interview (via Nairobi News) has blamed the club’s current predicament on individuals within the team’s playing unit, terming those who uploaded the photos on social media as ‘stupid’ and ‘mischievous’.
“There is nothing we could do. I was caught up at the airport in Casablanca for eight hours. There are a few players posting stupid photos on WhatsApp, probably to destabilize the team. We will handle the situation after the match,” he threatened.
Have a story, event or advert you’d like published on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
Are you on Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive links to all our stories.
- Photos of the almost completed St. Stephen’s ACK Cathedral in Kisumu which has been built for ages
- “Return a man’s money if you can’t offer what he wants” Jalang’os advice to ladies after Ivy Wangechi’s brutal murder angers many, forced to delete his long post.
- Homa Bay boda-boda man makes shocking revelation how a section of them terrorize ‘good looking’ female clients by defiling and stealing from them (Screenshots)
- 5 relaxing reggae mixes by top Kisumu DJs you can download for free
- All the photos from Akothee’s lavish & swanky birthday party