23 year-old Vivian Awuor, a dancer at singer Abenny Jachiga’s Ohangla Group was on Tuesday night swept by flash floods in Kibera after hours of downpour in Nairobi.
Her tin sheet house which was erected near a stream around Silanga area in Kibera was washed away after the small river broke its banks.
Her body was retrieved and booked in at City mortuary.
Her family has since been notified of her death.
Talking to KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE, singer Abenny Jachiga of the ‘Kazinda’ hit song confirmed the incident with great sadness.
According to the artist, Vivian had worked with him for only 4 months since January 2019.
“She was a great dancer and a colleague who made me believe in our brand. She had a talent that made my performances very lively. May she rest perfectly” the artist said.
Have a story, event or advert you’d like published on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
Are you on Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive links to all our stories.
- Popular comedian Othuol Othuol taken ill, diagnosed with TB and Vitamin D deficiency.
- VIDEO: Footballer Dennis Oliech flaunts his newly acquired lavish home in Kisumu
- Akothee gives her fans an electrifying performance before flying out of the country indefinitely (Photos)
- Photos of the almost completed St. Stephen’s ACK Cathedral in Kisumu which has been built for ages
- Homa Bay boda-boda man makes shocking revelation how a section of them terrorize ‘good looking’ female clients by defiling and stealing from them (Screenshots)