The Kisumu journalists on Friday spent some time with students from the Joyland Special School to mark the World Press Freedom Day.
For starters, May 3 is the World Press Freedom Day/World Press Day. A day meant to raise awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and remind governments of their duty to respect and uphold the right to freedom of expression.
Well, led by their chairperson, Nation Media’s Rushdie Oudia, the Kisumu media fraternity to celebrate the day planted trees at the special school and interacted with the kids with special needs.
“We challenged ourselves to step up our oversight role to ensure we keep the government of the day in check” wrote Oudia.
Photos Courtesy: Tonny Hillary/Rushdie Oudia
Have a story, event or advert you’d like published on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
Are you on Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive links to all our trending stories.
- VIDEO: Kisumu family wins $50,000 on America’s ‘The Ellen Show’
- JKUAT & Catholic University (CUEA) among campuses in Kisumu closed due to low number of students
- What led to the sacking of Dr. Rosemary Obara as the Kisumu County CEC for Health
- Man roasted silly for taking a selfie with sleeping Kisumu Governor & sharing it online
- Freddy Jakadongo, king of Ohangla opens up about his shining music career
- Video of Nyakach MP Aduma Owuor showcasing pitiful dancing moves emerge online