A number of Universities have been closed down due to the low number of students attending the institutions.
The ongoing crackdown to reform university education by the Ministry of Education and Commission of University Education has led to 15 campuses nationwide being shut down.
In Kisumu, the Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology (JKUAT) campuses will no longer be functional.
Maseno University’s Homa Bay campus was also shut down.
The Commission of University Education CEO Mwenda Ntarangwi promised that the crackdown will continue until higher education in the country conforms to the highest regional and international standards.
Have a story, event or advert you’d like published on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
Are you on Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive links to all our trending stories.
- What led to the sacking of Dr. Rosemary Obara as the Kisumu County CEC for Health
- Man roasted silly for taking a selfie with sleeping Kisumu Governor & sharing it online
- Freddy Jakadongo, king of Ohangla opens up about his shining music career
- Siaya ‘doctor’ on the run after killing a patient following an administration of a wrong injection.
- Video of Nyakach MP Aduma Owuor showcasing pitiful dancing moves emerge online