A Homa Bay woman who has left many puzzled after a bizarre act has now elicited more confusion after she was confirmed having not been pregnant as she claimed.
Following a medical examination carried on her on Thursday, Beryl Akinyi who had buried 2 baby dolls in Kamsama village in Suba North, claiming that they were her dead ‘twins’, did not give birth recently as she had alleged.
The woman and her husband had earlier informed their kin and neighbours that they had been blessed with twins who died at birth.
Akinyi’s husband who is a carpenter in Mbita, made two coffins on Tuesday morning and took them to Kabunde Airstrip to wait for his wife who was ‘flying from Nairobi with the bodies’.
On arrival, they stuffed the ‘babies’ in the coffins and hurriedly took them home for burial in a hired vehicle.
Members of the extended family say they were not allowed to view the bodies except for the couple and one other unidentified mourner.
Neighbours became suspicious after a burial that looked malicious. According to witnesses, the couple buried the ‘twins’ without involving their relatives or friends.
On Wednesday, curious villagers exhumed the ‘bodies’, only to find dolls wrapped in towels inside the caskets.
The two were arrested and are being detained as investigations are being carried out.
The motive of the bizarre act is not yet known.
Have a story, event or advert you’d like published on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
Are you on Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive links to all our trending stories.
- “My wife tricked me into a senseless beating by her brothers after we quarreled” – Kisumu man
- Meet Juliet Atieno, the face of this year’s Kisumu’s Plus Size Fashion Affair event (Photos)
- Kisumu-born Donnah Oberah named best promoter in Norway (Photos)
- Kisumu house-help disciplines mean employer, beats her black & blue for non-payment of 4-month salary.
- Kisumu man kills himself using an electric cable after an alleged domestic squabble (Photos)