Heavy drama was witnessed at a Kisumu Court after it emerged that two women were demanding an opportunity to bury a man each of them claimed to be their husband.
The man died in February and according to the first wife, one Siprose Awino, another woman who was also alleged to be married to the deceased secretly ferried the body to Western Kenya, something that prompted Siprose to move to court.
The court however ruled that the second wife had all the rights to bury the body in Bungoma where she had acquired a home, a decision that angered both the first wife and the deceased’s kin.
A heated argument ensued at the courtroom after the ruling as the deceased’s brothers demanded to have custody of the body and bury it in his Kisumu home at Nyalenda.
Close relatives to the man have vowed to appeal the ruling.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Kisumu IT hotshot invents app to nab & expose cons. Here’s how it works
- Singer Otile Brown reveals the source of his prolonged beef with Jalang’o (Video)
- Akothee heap praises on man who broke her virginity, father to her 3 daughters (Photos)
- ‘I almost killed my mother at birth” narrates Kisumu Governor during his mum’s requiem mass (Photos)
- Flamboyant NRG Radio to drop an exclusive party in Kisumu this weekend
- Grief as popular Kisumu business man dies in a horrendous accident (Photos)
SPONSORED VIDEO (NEW)