The management of Ramogi Institute of Advanced Technology was forced to close the institution after students went on a rampage.
On Monday, the rowdy students stoned vehicles along the busy Kisumu/Kakamega highway causing heavy commotion and destruction.
The cause of the chaos is alleged to be omission of a candidate’s name in a list containing those vying for positions in the forthcoming student union polls at the institution.
This led to the students to burn tyres in the middle of the road and barricading the main entrance to their college, prompting angry villagers including boda-boda riders to attack them, leaving one student critically injured.
On Tuesday, the entire student body was sent home indefinitely.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Photos of Kisumu kids wading through raging waters on their way to school angers netizens
- Why KOT is convinced that Betty Adera is the incoming Ms. President (Photos)
- Heavy drama at a Kisumu court as 2 women tear into each other over a man;s body for burial
- Kisumu IT hotshot invents app to nab & expose cons. Here’s how it works
- Singer Otile Brown reveals the source of his prolonged beef with Jalang’o (Video)
- Akothee heap praises on man who broke her virginity, father to her 3 daughters (Photos)
SPONSORED VIDEO (NEW)