The Ajira Digital Program which offers an advanced skills training to experienced online workers was designed to equip trainees with entrepreneurial and leadership skills to grow their online work career.
The training which was offered free of charge at a first come, first served basis to all experienced workers by invitation only happened at the UON’s Kisumu Campus.
On Friday, 12th June, the PS ICT Jerome Ochieng presided over the closing ceremony of the training that had started on 20th May with over 600 individuals trained.
Addressing guests and trainees at the closing ceremony, the PS pointed out the need of youths being equipped with basic skills to enable them gain proper entry into self sustainability.
“The Ajira programme has immediate and long-term benefit in Employment Creation, development of skills for a digital Economy, innovation and creativity with an assured access to global market” he said
He urged the youths to use the opportunity that technology has provided to further create innovative solutions that solve their day to day national problems which range from education to healthcare; from agriculture to industrialization, to transport, infrastructure; policing and national security.
He concluded saying that over 135 Innovations Hubs have been established and youths are encouraged to visit such hubs and the 63 libraries across the country to access free internet to enable them access jobs online.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Actress Lupita Nyong’o secretly flies to Kisumu to attend her grandma’s burial (Photos)
- How the NRG Turn Up Party went down at Kisumu’s Janam Lakeside Grill (Photos)
- Sodomy in the streets of Kisumu at night, 12-yr old narrates an ugly ordeal
- Mixed reactions after Kisumu All Stars condemning replica jerseys on sale in Kisumu streets (Photos)
- A list of driving schools in Kisumu whose licenses have been suspended by NTSA
- “Pewa shamba ujenge” Trolls descend on actress Silprosa after describing her ideal man on live TV (Screenshots)
SPONSORED VIDEO (NEW)