Millionaire politician and Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has been saddened by the numerous cases of cancer in the country.
In a Facebook post seen by KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE, Sonko was moved by the fact that the killer disease is wiping out the best of brains and personalities.
“Cancer is really hitting us hard. The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.
However as a nation it’s a very high time we should think of having a permanent solution of dealing with this scourge” he wrote
He pointed out the case of ailing Kibra MP Ken Okoth who’s been in France receiving treatment for over six months now.
In the post, he wished the national government to act more urgently in addressing the rising cases of cancer.
Sonko added that he’s prepared to fly out a delegation to France to visit Hon. Ken Okoth to show solidarity with him during this time that he needs good company.
“On behalf of the great people of Nairobi our prayers are with you Hon. Ken Okoth. I shall be willing to sponsor and lead a delegation of pastors, Imams and a few Kibra constituents to visit him in France and pray for our beloved MP,” he promised.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Today, Kenya marks 50 years after Tom Mboya’s assassination on 5th July 1969
- “Sorry I won’t invite you to my show because of your toxic view on femicide” Adelle badly shames Jalang’o
- 10 facts bringing Betty Adera closest to winning the coveted ‘Ms. President’ title (Photos)
- Homa Bay women rep opens up about her silent struggle with colorectal cancer
- “Bob Collymore invented my signature green suit. Thank you Bob. RIP” – Jalang’o
- She said Yes! Famed HIV activist Phenny Awiti gets engaged to her Caucasian lover (Photos)