The county government of Kisumu is planning to relocate all the hawkers using the main streets of the lakeside city for their businesses.
This is to pave way for the ongoing street renovations.
County boss Prof. Anyang’ Nyong’o confirmed that they are setting alternative areas for the hundreds of hawkers who’ll be unwanted in the streets.
He cited that the hawkers are encroaching into pavements and walkways meant for pedestrians therefore congesting the city.
Expansions are set for the Jubilee, Kibuye and Otonglo markets to accommodate all the traders within the city.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Shock as body of a 2-day old infant is found dumped at a Kisumu Police station
- Silverstone forced to pull down posters allegedly made using ‘stolen’ photos from a Kisumu photographer
- 10 things to know about Esther Arunga’s troubled life after quiting her lucrative job at KTN
- Drama in Ahero as resident hires a naked-running witch doctor to cleanse his water melon farm
- Akothee drops a holiday for boy who in a hilarious video claimed she betrayed Jesus (Video)
- Ohangla queen Lady Maureen allegedly conned KES 56,000 by her employee (Photos)