The Kisumu Governor, father to celebrated Hollywood actress Lupita Nyong’o has revealed the reason behind her first name.
In a video while being interviewed by renowned TV girl Lilian Muli, Nyong’o disclosed that her daughter was born in Mexico in 1983.
“The word LUPITA has a double meaning. It comprises of two words put into one” the governor said.
According to his explanation, the first word is ‘Lu’ which in Luo means ‘to follow’ and the second word is ‘Pita’, which stands for ‘Peter’, his first name.
So, the little girl was named ‘Lupita’ to mean ‘the girl who followed her dad to Mexico’.
He further revealed that he’s happy his children having taken after his thespian skills as he acted both in high school and college.
He was therefore pleased to encourage them particularly Lupita, who growing up liked acting and that has led her to be an Oscar award winning actress.
The Governor said that being a celebrity has greatly affected Lupita’s personal life.
“Being a celebrity, she can not just come home like that, otherwise journalists will be all over and this will make her not enjoy some peaceful time at home with family and friends.” Nyong’o said
Here’s the full interview, courtesy of Citizen TV.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Estranged Eric Omondi’s Italian girlfriend speaks up on their break up, months after the two went separate ways:
- Photos from socialite Bridget Achieng’s million dollar birthday party as she turned 30
- Kisumu born events entrepreneur Donnah Oberah making huge strides in Norway (Photos)
- Kisumu evangelist saved from being lynched after his followers killing a mechanic
- Kisumu county names road after comedian Eric Omondi? Check out this trending video
- Kisumu hawkers now unwanted in the streets, set to be ejected (Photos)