Nereah Amondi Oketch, an MCA from Homa Bay County was on Wednesday evening declared the winner of the hotly contested ‘Ms President’ Reality show that had been airing its episodes on KTN Home.
Nereah beat four other capable finalists to be named the bearer of the coveted Ms President title.
While giving her opening speech before being announced the winner, Nereah said:
“We all have a journey and we are all winners.”
Umulkheir Mohammed from Garissa County was second, Irene Mayaka from Nyamira came 3rd, Betty Adera from Nairobi came 4th while Kiai Waruguru from Nyeri came 5th in the competition.
The winner was announced following a voting process where viewers were asked to cast their votes in favor of their preferred candidate through a free SMS code.
While accepting the win, Nereah thanked all those who voted for her in the competition and dedicated the win to her son whom she begot while in the academy.
The grand finale of the reality TV show happened at the Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) on Wednesday, July 31st from 8 – 9PM.
The show that premiered on January 30 lowered its curtains today, July 31. At its primary stage, the show attracted over 1,000 women and elimination reduced the number to 71.
The 71 were then taken to the academy and further reduced to top 40 and later to top 16 and finally down to five contestants.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Kisumu Governor Anyang’ Nyong’o reveals why his daughter was named ‘Lupita’ and it’s interesting (Video)
- Estranged Eric Omondi’s Italian girlfriend speaks up on their break up, months after the two went separate ways:
- Photos from socialite Bridget Achieng’s million dollar birthday party as she turned 30
- Kisumu born events entrepreneur Donnah Oberah making huge strides in Norway (Photos)
- Kisumu evangelist saved from being lynched after his followers killing a mechanic