After successfully launching a competitively priced Nairobi-Kisumu flights and the historic Kisumu to Mombasa direct flights, leading domestic carrier Silverstone Air is set to launch a new route in the lakeside.
On Thursday, the airline broke the good news to its clients that beginning September 2nd, a new direct route to Homa Bay will be launched.
In social media posts seen by KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE, Silverstone Air will operate flights from the Wilson Airport to Homa Bay’s Kabunde Airstrip in Homa Bay County.
The new route is set to open up the region to air travel and tourism.
The fastest growing towns of Homa Bay and Mbita have been seeing increased travel in the recent years from traders, tourists, aid workers and family members in Nairobi and Mombasa visiting loved ones in the expansive Homa Bay.
Traditionally, they have had to rely on Kisumu International Airport before making a costly and time-consuming car rental or matatu connection to Homa Bay, Mbita and Migori.
Alternatively, many have used the ferry or water bus services in Lwanda K’Otieno to connect to destinations in Southern Nyanza.
Now Silverstone is bridging the distance and saving them time through direct flights to Homa Bay.
Additional Info: Nairobi Travels
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Kisumu’s Deputy Governor allegedly facing eviction over unpaid house rent at a Milimani apartment.
- Kisumu RFC prepared to take on the ‘big boys’ at this weekend’s Dala 7s rugby circuit (Photos)
- Photos confirming last Saturday’s #MadarakaFestival in Kisumu was a huge success
- VIDEO: Migori man fails to impress judges with a ‘professional mourning’ performance at the premiere of East Africa Got Talent reality TV Show
- Nereah Amondi Oketch from Homa Bay trounces 4 finalists to win the hotly contested #MsPresident title (Photos)