Dr. Mathews Owili, Kisumu County’s Deputy Governor is allegedly facing eviction over accrued rent arrears of KES 1.4M.
The amount has been unpaid for the past 14 months.
According to United Millers, his landlord, the Deputy county boss was issued with a letter stating that they are not willing to renew his tenancy agreement if he doesn’t clear his debt.
The Deputy Governor in his defense however accused the County’s Finance head Nerry Achar for having not been remitting his house rent.
On Wednesday night during an ambassador’s meeting at the Grand Royal Swiss Hotel, Mr. Owili confronted Nerry Achar to give him answers why he (the Deputy Governor) was risking being kicked out of his Milimani Apartment due to unpaid rent.
The matter has mounted more pressure on the Finance CEC who is facing impeachment after Kisumu County MCAs accused him of incompetence.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Kisumu RFC prepared to take on the ‘big boys’ at this weekend’s Dala 7s rugby circuit (Photos)
- Photos confirming last Saturday’s #MadarakaFestival in Kisumu was a huge success
- VIDEO: Migori man fails to impress judges with a ‘professional mourning’ performance at the premiere of East Africa Got Talent reality TV Show
- Nereah Amondi Oketch from Homa Bay trounces 4 finalists to win the hotly contested #MsPresident title (Photos)
- Kisumu Governor Anyang’ Nyong’o reveals why his daughter was named ‘Lupita’ and it’s interesting (Video)