A photo of Homa Bay youths putting out a fire gutting a house belonging to the County’s Commissioner has left many in stitches.
According to the twin photos doing rounds on social media, the youths opted to use clean water bowser to rescue the facility which was being eaten up by flames.
A section of online users have condemned the County’s administration for failing to provide basic amenities like well equipped fire fighting engines to the locals.
KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE has however learnt of claims that 2 fire engines belonging to the Homa Bay County bought in June are being withheld at the Mombasa port after their importation from the UK.
According to a section of MCAs, the procurement process of the engines was not properly carried out and therefore there are individuals out to enrich themselves following the detention of the vehicles.
Apart from the Commissioner’s residence which was on Sunday evening destroyed by fire, Homa Bay County has had numerous fire incidents which have consumed properties worth millions of shillings including the county headquarters which lost financial documents when fire burned down Governor Cyprian Awiti’s office in 2017.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Hundreds of Kisumu traders counting losses following ongoing demolition towards city’s upgrade (Photos)
- LANES! Luxurious school fully books 3 local airlines to fly its Class 7 & 8 pupils to Kisumu for a 5-day educational trip (Photos)
- Kisumu’s Suzanna Owiyo forced to expose her encounter with rumored con, Joe Mwangi, accused of defrauding kid-acrobat all her perfomance dues (Screenshots)
- Excitement as Silverstone Air announces launch of Nairobi – Homa Bay route
- Kisumu’s Deputy Governor allegedly facing eviction over unpaid house rent at a Milimani apartment.