Months after Gem MP Elisha Odhiambo assaulted a Kisumu blogger, the Kisumu Central Police Station OCS has been put to task by the office of the Ombudsman to explain why no action has been taken against the legislature.
According to a letter seen by KISUMUINSYDER.CO.KE sent by the Commission on Administrative Justice, the Commission wants the OCS to indicate steps the police has taken to towards offering justice to the complainant, Don Pablo, born Maurice Ochieng.
Pablo through his lawyer Jared Sala raised a concern to the Commission in July complaining about delay in arresting and prosecuting the Gem MP.
The OCS has now been forced by the Ombudsman to explain why the MP’s file hasn’t been forwarded to the ODPP for prosecution.
In addition, the office of the DPP has also directed the Kisumu County police commander Benson Maweu to forward the inquiry file of the case for further action.
Elisha Odhiambo on 4th June 2019 was recorded assaulting the blogger at his (Don Pablo’s place of work.
In the video, the MP descended on Don Pablo with slaps accussing him of posting false and malicious information about his arrest on social media.
The lawmaker was briefly detained for interrogation then later released.
Check out video below.
Have a story, event, advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Talented kid model from Kisumu seeking financial aid ahead of an international modelling competition in Spain (Photos)
- Mixed reactions as renowned Reggae DJ kneels before ODM leader Raila Odinga to beg for a nomination ticket (Video)
- Shock as Kisumu based hotel manager allegedly kills another man over parking space at Polyview Estate (Photos)
- Homa Bay’s ‘clean water’ bowser turned to a fire fighting engine tickles social media (Photos)
- LANES! Luxurious school fully books 3 local airlines to fly its Class 7 & 8 pupils to Kisumu for a 5-day educational trip (Photos)