Gor Mahia’s troubles seem to deepen following the failed fundraiser organized by the club on Tuesday evening in Nairobi.
The club had targeted to raise a sum of KES 5M at the event, only to collect a shocking KES 300,000, an amount way below their target.
Most of the invited guests failed to show up and also never sent in their contributions.
Among the guests who were expected to grace the evening event included former PM Raila Odinga, Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and footballer turned politician McDonald Mariga.
The fundraiser was aimed at supporting the club’s operations this season after SportPesa pulling out of the sponsorship deal.
“The fundraiser was given a wide berth and most of those we had invited didn’t show up. Even the guest of honour didn’t come. We are in a very bad situation,” the club’s chai Ambrose Rachier said.
The team is supposed to travel to Algeria and play USM Algers this Sunday, Sept 15th in a CAF Africa Champions League assignment.
Have a story, event, business advert or you’d like to be featured on our website, write to our editor via email@example.com or WhatsApp us +254 733 333 833.
On Telegram? Join our channel by clicking here to receive all our stories.
- Phenny Awiti, popular HIV/AIDs activist expecting third child, first with her Caucasian man (Photos)
- Kisumu night club on the spot following death of a student allegedly manhandled by bouncers at the joint.
- New age boy group ‘Ethic’ to perform in Kisumu this September (Photos)
- Kisumu Central OCS asked to explain why Gem MP who assaulted lakeside blogger hasn’t been prosecuted (Video)
- Talented kid model from Kisumu seeking financial aid ahead of an international modelling competition in Spain (Photos)